Arts in Provence

ARTS IN PROVENCE
Welcome to the Arts in Provence Blog. This is a blog about life in Les Bassacs, a small hamlet in the South of France, where we organise summer painting courses. You can find out about the courses by going to our website.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

RIP Hazel Evans

We are very sad to say that Hazel Evans, the co-founder of Arts in Provence died on May 1st, aged 88.  Many people will know her from her hosting of the welcome drinks on Saturday evenings, an occasion that she never lost her enthusiasm for.  She started by running painting and writing courses as an experiment with her friend Anne Christie in 1989, but since she was working full time as a journalist she felt her talents lay else where and David and I took it on from her in 1990.



She was always happy to be in Les Bassacs enjoying the social round, and entertaining everyone with her many anecdotes.  She will be missed by all who knew her!

4 comments:

  1. Very sorry to hear the sad news and send our condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the news about Hazel. I only met her a few times, but she always struck me as an interesting woman. I know you will miss her, my condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO sorry to hear that Hazel died. She was a real character. She had charm, wit and and plenty of funny (and not so funny) stories to relay. I will remember her in a large brimmed straw hat with a red ribbon. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz and David: I too was sorry to hear about Hazel's death. I loved her humorous paintings and felt privileged to have seen them. She will be missed by all who knew her.
    I hope you two will continue to hosts art groups. You provide a wonderful respite and sanctuary from the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete