Arts in Provence

ARTS IN PROVENCE
Welcome to the Arts in Provence Blog. This is a blog about life in Les Bassacs, a small hamlet in the South of France, where we organise summer painting courses. You can find out about the courses by going to our website.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Amsterdam, plein hiver!


Just as the ice is finally starting to melt here, Terry Thompson sent me this beautiful photo of the frozen canal near his studio.  When the canals freeze over, the whole of Amsterdam gets out on the ice to skate.  In Terry's picture you can see two people doing just that. Terry tells me he wasn't tempted, but Bea was out there enjoying it while it lasted. 

The thaw has arrived in Les Bassacs, I am so glad to be able to go outside without being blasted by the icy mistral.  This morning the sun had some real warmth to it and I'm hoping that this is my last snowy blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment